welcome

Welcome to C.O. Paleo :) A place for me to express my love or hatred of things and to share and store my recipes. This has all really been created out of selfishness. ;)

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stuffed Celery and our Paleo Feastivus!

 The other day a few friends and I gathered for a Paleo Feastivus. We talked a lot of paleo at this event. Shocking, I know. I bet people hate talking to me. It's all about crossfit, food, Vampire Diaries, how stupid I think people are and how funny I think I am. How depressing to not be me. Anyways, something that came up was the lack of healthy snack options we have. I can only consume so many nuts and veggies before I start to grow nuts myself...LOL. See, I made myself laugh. Me so funny. So,what do we do? Give up and eat cookies and chips? No sucka! Start making stuff! So that's what I did. I always seem to have eggs, bacon and avocados on hand. And sometimes I buy celery to make "ants on a log" without the ants. I took these ingredients and made a stuffed celery variation. If you like bacon and eggs or stuffed celery, or egg salad sandwiches or lettuce wraps or deviled eggs, here is a perfectly easy "stuffer" for you. Stuffer? That doesn't sound tasty, but it is.

Ingredients:

-4 hard boiled eggs
-4 strips of cooked bacon
-1 avocado
-1-2 TBS whole grain dijon mustard (depends on how spicy you like it)
-Garlic salt and Salt & pepper to taste
-Paprika 

Directions:
-Chop everything up and mix really well! Add garlic salt and the salt & pepper until you are satisfied. Stuff whatever you feel like stuffing! I chose celery and I was happy!
-Sprinkle with paprika so that it looks fancy!


~You could add more to this mixture to add more flavor even. Olives, pickles, onions. Whatever floats your boat!

The tasty recipes that Natasha and Wende made for our feastivus are linked below! These were really, really tasty recipes! I highly recommend trying them no matter how you eat. How can you go wrong with anything that's grilled?! Trick question, you can't! So just do it!


 This is pretty much how I cook. I am pretty BA.

Sweet and Sexy Chicken Wings!


^These wings were the best chicken wings that I have ever had. Seriously. Yum. Thanks Wende!!


Ginger-Lime Marinated Shrimp!

^So quick and easy! I can't wait to make this myself! Thanks Natasha!! 


Paleo Gumbo! It don't get no better!!

^I've never had gumbo before!! This was also one of my favorite new things that I got to try at our feastivus! I can't wait to make this also! *Made by Natasha! 


BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment