welcome

Welcome to C.O. Paleo :) A place for me to express my love or hatred of things and to share and store my recipes. This has all really been created out of selfishness. ;)

Friday, April 20, 2012

HEY HALF ASSERS!! THIS ONES FOR YOU!

You are about to get to know me a little bit better. This is a rant with a recipe on the side. Straight up. Please know I would never say any of this if I didn't hold myself to the same standards. So, HEY YOU HALF-ASSERS OF THE WORLD!!!! I AM CALLING YOU OUT!

  Guess what they do? Nothing. They wear crap and show up. That's not good enough.
This is doing.

I don't know about you but, the only reason I do anything in life is so that people think I am cool.

I actually don't even like to do stuff. I just like to tell people that I do it.  I'm about to teach you a life lesson here people. It's not about passion, it's not about trying your hardest or even doing the crap you say you do. Nope. Surprised? Just wait. It's all about pretending to do what the cool kids do, it's all about faking it. You don't even have to try at all. Ever. But you can still claim that whatever it is you're pretending to do is what you are most passionate about, and that you do it all the time. Be fake. Oh wait, don't forget that you've got to dress the part too. That's very important.

I walk in wearing an Elvis suit, tell you all about how I can sing,dance and jam. BOOM! GUESS WHAT?! I AM ELVIS.
I wear cut off jeans, boots and a flannel shirt and tell you how awesome I am at bull riding. I am a freaking bull rider now.
I wear a helmet and some awesome kind of jump suit and tell you my monster truck's name and BOOM, I drive monster trucks for a living. 
I walk around with a snorkel mask on my face and an air tank on my back, tell you I love fish. SHAZAM! I LOVE SCUBA DIVING!! Even though I have never been. 
I am wearing knee high socks, Lululemon pants, reecock shoes and a headband. Guess what my number one passion in life is? Crossfit. You guessed it. But really, I just like to go roll around on the floor.
This is what you think you look like-----------> This is actually what you look like.
Jack-wagon.
Just because you talk about something, wear some stupid shit and talk about it more, does that entitle you to stake your claim in it and cry PASSION to the world? Well, you can, but that also makes you a douche bag. You are a spectator, nothing more. Do you think the peasants who went and watched Gladiators in battle called themselves Gladiators? Doubt it.
Ok, time to get serious. To an extent it's none of my business what people do and don't do. I get that. Why should I care what people do with themselves? Because they are missing out! There are shorting themselves! If you care enough about something to just pretend that you do it, why not get something out of that slight interest that you clearly have? When you fake it, you are only lying to yourself. If your going to talk about it, then do it. If you are going to show up, show up with your game face on. I believe 100% that you don't get the glory if you don't do the work. I'm not saying you have to be good at whatever it is that you do. You don't have to eat, sleep and breath it. But you do have to try. I really like mountain biking, I suck at it but dang it I go out and try. I really love fishing, I have no idea what I am doing but I load up, all by myself even and go fish!  


So what's bugging me today? Fake people. Pretenders. Half-assers. Step up to the plate dog (ya,a white girl just said that). You wanna call yourself a gladiator? Put on your f***ing gear, I am calling you out.


----Comment from your editor (Pat) - "If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right." My Dad used to always tell me that. : )

You know who was a bad ass? Buffalo Bill. So here is a recipe that I named in honor of him.

Buffalo Bill's Balls or...Buffalo Stuffed Mushrooms.
The smoked sea salt and ground cardamon give these mushrooms an awesome smokey, savory flavor. 

Ingredient's:
 -1lb ground buffalo
-8 cremini mushrooms, stems removed (save and dice them up)
-4 TBS Raspberry vinegar
-2 TBS olive oil
-2 carrots, shredded
-1/2 onion,diced
-1 TBS smoked sea salt, ground
-1/2 TSP cardamon seed, ground
-1/2 cup almond meal
-1 TSP ground black pepper
-additional olive oil for 'basting' the mushrooms

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350°F
-Heat olive oil and raspberry vinegar on the stove top
-Add your shredded carrots, onion, mushroom stems, sea salt and cardamon seed.
-Saute until the onions are cooked through.
-While the veggies are cooking, baste the mushrooms in olive oil. Lay flat side down on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with smoked sea salt and pepper.
-Remove veggies from stove and combine with the ground buffalo in a mixing bowl. (the veggies will be hot obviously, so just use a mixing spoon)
-Add 1/2 cup almond meal and 1 TSP of pepper and mix.
-Form balls, fill your mushrooms
-Bake for 35 minutes.

Notes:
-These guys get A LOT of their flavor from the smoked sea salt. While normal sea salt would be fine it's not going to give it that smokey, savory flavor. I got mine at Trader Joe's for $1.99.
-I got the ground cardamon seed from the bulk spice section at Fred Meyers.
-Ground beef would be a fine substitute, I just like buffalo :)


4 comments:

  1. BAM! In your mouth!...That's about all I can say about these full flavored savory meaty mushroom bites...Buffalo Bill's Balls are quite the tasty meal! Food For Thought - Use smaller white or (preferably) Portabella mushrooms and make these as an appetizer...Everyone loves stuffed mushroom appetizers, Great during the holidays or just a random social outing. Very Impressive Star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great call on making a smaller version for appetizers!

      Delete
  2. Can you say..."character assassin with self-righteous proclamation"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you say..."lighten up and have a sense of humor?"

      Delete