welcome

Welcome to C.O. Paleo :) A place for me to express my love or hatred of things and to share and store my recipes. This has all really been created out of selfishness. ;)

Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Paper Bag Chuck Roast w/ bacon wrapped sweet potato fries

This is a meat package.


Hey, want to make the best roast you'll ever make and not really have to do anything for like 24 hours? Want to try some tasty sweet potato fries? That's what I thought, read on my friend. Mike is my roomy. Mike is also a ginger. There are a lot of rumors going around about those gingers these days but Mike has actually proven some of these rumors to be false....not a lot of them...just one actually. Gingers ARE NOT completely useless... A mass majority of the other rumors and that whole "Gingers don't have souls" thing are still up for debate. But Mike can cook, that's part of the reason his nickname is Cinnamon. One of the things we have in common besides our offensive sense of humor is the fact that we both love to try new recipes.  When Mike brought "The Paper Bag Chuck Roast" recipe to the table I was pretty impressed. I was so impressed that I judged him and his ginger-ness just a little bit less....and by 'little' I mean it only lasted like 5 minutes and I was back to judging. This recipes isn't really a hard core paleo recipe bu,t I'm known for being rebellious like that so you should learn to deal. So here it is, THE BEST and EASIEST roast you will ever make in your entire life...If you don't agree take it up with the ginger...But don't make him angry, you won't like him when he's angry.

Ingredients:
8-10 lb boneless beef chuck roast
1-2 cups gluten free soy sauce
1/2 TSP sea salt
1 TSP fresh ground black pepper
1 TBS Lawry's Seasoned Salt
2TBS garlic powder
2TBS onion powder
2TBS BBQ seasoning mix (Mike used Pappy's seasoning mix)
2 TBS Old Bay Seasoning

Additional items needed: Large roasting or sheet pan, heavy duty aluminum foil, butchers string, large brown paper shopping bag.

Directions: Preheat oven to 225ยบ F

1. Tear 3 sheets of aluminum foil large enough to cover and seal meat
2. Place meat in a mixing bowl and pour the soy sauce over meat being sure to get the soy sauce all over the meat.
3.Place meat on sheets of foil
4.Mix all the dry seasoning together and rub over the top and sides of meat.
5.Bring the first sheet of foil sides up and fold together being careful not to let the liquid run out. Then fold up the ends of the foil to seal. Make sure there are no leaks.( Guess what, ours leaked and it was fine)
6. Continue folding up the reaming sheets of foil one at a time.
7. Carefully place the wrapped meat in the bottom of the brown paper bag and fold the bag snugly and tie up with two pieces of butchers string.
8. Place "the meat package" in the roasting pan or sheet pan and cook for 24 hours.
9. Pull the packaged meat out and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
10. Removes the paper bag and carefully (it's hot) open the foil and lift the meat out with a spatula.

I'm going to be honest; when Mike and I looked at the roast after we opened the foil our reaction was pretty much, "Oh crap, it looks crunchy and dry as hell of the outside." Fear not, it's what's on the inside that counts. Shoot...I guess the same could be said about gingers?....Watch out, teaching life lessons here too!

There is just something about the combo of bacon and sweet potatoes. It makes me want to dress all in pink and go watch Titanic in 3-D. Here is the link to the recipe! I added a dash of chipotle chile pepper to ours to give them a smokey little kick!

http://www.health-bent.com/pork/paleo-bacon-wrapped-sweet-potato-fries

Enjoy! If you don't like it then you probably messed it up and it isn't my fault.



2 comments:

  1. Just one question... Do the carpets match the drapes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This may be a question that I will never be able to answer. And I am ok with that.

      Delete