welcome

Welcome to C.O. Paleo :) A place for me to express my love or hatred of things and to share and store my recipes. This has all really been created out of selfishness. ;)

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Comfort foods!

 Some lucky dinner winner almost got the honor of having spatula in their bread....I found it once it was done baking though :)
 

 Heck yes that's cheese you see!
 
I am pretty full of it. I have a 'rough' exterior that's all tattoos, jokes, bad words and name calling. But on the inside I'm all marshmallow puff. A gushy little girl with pigtails and a sundress playing with her My Little Ponies. Sigh. Right now that little girl misses her mommy and daddy who live in Texas. Another part of the "true me" is a fat little kid who loves food and turns to it to make her feel better. So, the other day I was looking for something that would make me feel comforted and make me feel at home. When I think of my mom and the foods she used to cook I think of her homemade spaghetti and Parmesan cheese french bread pretty much every time. I've already done a paleo spaghetti so that wasn't going to be too exciting for me so I went for the Primal Lasagna from Fast Paleo. I do have a clear visual of my mom laying out lasagna noodles in a pan in our kitchen at our Wickiup house in Redmond.I'll be honest though, I never liked her lasagna much (Sorry mom, you can't win em' all). So,this lasagna was awesome. My non-Paleo friend came over for dinner and she approved of it along with Mike and Pat. So, here you go, satisfy your inner softy that misses your mom and also that inner  fat kid who loves good food.




I'd just like to note that I am currently going through a "cheese phase".  Cheese is acceptable in Paleo as long as it comes from pasture fed beef and blah blah. Whatever, I love cheese. I'm going to eat it if I want to sometimes ok. You know what else I love? Bread! So here's a tasty garlic bread recipe to go along with that cheesy goodness. YAHHH BUDDY!

http://fastpaleo.com/primal-lasagna/
 .

Don't worry that's just a hunk of garlic in there. It's not the spatula. 















1 comment:

  1. You're awesome kiddo. I'm looking forward to more to come :)

    ReplyDelete